Monday, May 16, 2011

If You Change Your Words Can You Change Your World?

Growing Up I knew that I was loved. My mother always tried to make sure of that. However, I still grew up with a negative outlook on life and about myself. Can you relate?

Also, I began to not only think negative things, but I began to speak negative things. I didn't see the glass half-full, but I saw the glass half-empty. When others made fun of me at a young age, I joined in and made fun of myself. I guess that I was looking for their acceptance.

You know there is a scripture in the Bible that says, "the power of life and death is in the tongue." Have you ever seen someone beat down with words for a long time, most of the time they have a poor self image.

Our words have power to affect not only how we view ourselves, but they can even affect the world around us. Think about it for a moment. I had a mother that nurtured me and made sure I knew that I was loved. Yet, I still had a poor self esteem and took  to heart what others said about me. How much more would someone have a poor self-image, if they didn't know they were loved by their parents.

My advice to you is don't allow what the opinions of others say have a negative affect on you. Sometimes, we need the input of others to help us and shape us into better people. The Bible says in Proverbs, "as Iron sharpens Iron, so one man (or woman) sharpens another."

Always, try to encourage others not put them down. Another quote I like to make is, "the kindest words ever spoken is an unkind word unsaid." That speaks volumes in terms of relating to others. If everyone thought of this before they spoke something bad about someone else, the world would be a much better place, as well as quieter.

Can we change the world around us by changing our words about ourselves, others, or even our own circumstances? What  do you think? This Youtube Video is about a minute long, and it gives an example of changing your world by changing your words. Check out the video, I believe it will touch your heart!

Here is the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU







No comments: